Audirect is a Chinese company that specializes in portable digital analogue converters (DACs). They started with the Whistle and released the Beam recently. I would like to thank Audirect for the review unit of Beam. At the moment, you can purchase the Beam from Penon Audio or Audirect .
- Output Power: -114dB TND+N, 2Vrms into 600Ω / -108dB THD+N, 49mW into 32Ω
- Frequency Response: 20-30000Hz（-0.15dB）
- Distortion: 0.0004%
- S/N Ratio: +125dB SNR, +120dB DNR
- Supported Inputs: PCM 16-32bit, 32-384KHz / DoP64, DoP128, Native DSD64/128/256
- DAC: ES9118 Sabre HiFi SoC
- I.R.: <1Ω
- Input Port: USB-C
- Output Port: 3.5mm
- Dimensions: 52x14x6mm
- Weight: 12g
Unboxing & Accessories
The Beam comes in a white package which sports the model name and brand logo. There is a transparent film that shows the Beam. After opening the package, there are the Beam and a blue box that contains 3 cables – USB-C to USB-C OTG, USB-A to USB-C OTG and Lightning to USB-C OTG.
Agreed it is a good product, it has improved the sound from my iPhone 6. It seems to work particularly well with Tin audio T2.
Is that because they are neutral and so pass through the sound from the beam well
It is a good product definitely. The Beam leans towards neutral.