Audirect is a Chinese company that specializes in portable digital analogue converters (DACs). They started with the Whistle and released the Beam recently. I would like to thank Audirect for the review unit of Beam. At the moment, you can purchase the Beam from Penon Audio or Audirect .
- Output Power: -114dB TND+N, 2Vrms into 600Ω / -108dB THD+N, 49mW into 32Ω
- Frequency Response: 20-30000Hz（-0.15dB）
- Distortion: 0.0004%
- S/N Ratio: +125dB SNR, +120dB DNR
- Supported Inputs: PCM 16-32bit, 32-384KHz / DoP64, DoP128, Native DSD64/128/256
- DAC: ES9118 Sabre HiFi SoC
- I.R.: <1Ω
- Input Port: USB-C
- Output Port: 3.5mm
- Dimensions: 52x14x6mm
- Weight: 12g
Unboxing & Accessories
The Beam comes in a white package which sports the model name and brand logo. There is a transparent film that shows the Beam. After opening the package, there are the Beam and a blue box that contains 3 cables – USB-C to USB-C OTG, USB-A to USB-C OTG and Lightning to USB-C OTG.