iBasso is a Chinese brand that is known for their digital audio players (DAPs). The iBasso DX150/DX200 allows the change of amp modules for different sound signatures. Recently, iBasso has released the AMP8 module that features phone out. I would like to thank iBasso for providing the AMP8 module as a review unit. You can purchase the AMP8 module from iBasso.
Description (From Official Website)
- +/- high voltage swing. This significantly improves dynamics and headroom, resulting in a more accurate sound that is true to the recording.
- AMP8 is a complete new discrete circle design that is dedicated to the DX150/DX200 and features both a high voltage and current output. High current output is very useful for low impedance multi drivers in-ear monitors.
- Low VCE transistors are utilized and are manually sorted and paired, providing better consistency and linearity. The low VCE also expands the linearity range.
- The transistors used on the buffer stage have a 2700mAh output current rating, which allows the AMP8 to drive IEMs and headphones that require high current with ease.
- A Pentaconn 4.4mm balanced output port is used. The large double contact area of this socket contact lowers resistance and allows better current transmission.
- Output Voltage: 6.2Vrms
- Frequency Response: 15Hz-45KHz +/-0.3dB
- S/N: 125dB
- 0.00023%, -113dB (no email@example.comVrms)
- 0.00023%, -113dB (300Ω@2.5Vrms)
- Output Impedance: 0.38ohm
- DNR: 125dB
- Crosstalk: -120dB
Average Play Time: 7hours (Play time varies with different sample/bit rates, volume and headphone/IEM loads.)
Unboxing & Accessories
The AMP8 module comes in a simple black package with an opaque wrapper. On the wrapper are the names of the brand and model in black colour. At the back of the box, there is a sticker at the bottom right corner sporting the model name and serial number. Inside the package, there are screwdriver, instruction manual, warranty card and the AMP8 module. The screwdriver is used for removing the amp module to change to another one.
Module Build & Design
The AMP8 module is similar to other modules but features 4.4mm phone out.
Is there a noticeable sound difference between AMP7 and AMP8 in your opinion? or AMP8 is just balanced version of AMP7 with more output power?
And does either of these AMPs have noticeable hiss with sensitive IEMs like CA Solaris?
AMP8 has a tighter presentation with better soundstage.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Will the AMP8 be able to drive Hifiman Arya’s?
It does a fantastic job with Sundaras.